Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thanks Reynolds Institute

I recently had the pleasure of speaking to 35 high school journalism teachers at the ASNE Reynolds High School Journalism Institute held at Arizona State University's Walter Cronkite School. It was so nice to see people excited about journalism and passionate about passing on their excitement to students. I found my love for photography in high school. I was lucky enough to have a great teacher who encouraged me keep taking pictures and helped provide many of the tools to improve my skills. The journalism world is changing so fast. No one is really sure what it's going to look like in 10 years. One thing I am sure about. There are always going to be stories that need to be told. There is always going to be a need for pictures. Photography is one of the ways we figure our world out. A great picture allows us to see through someone else's eyes, revealing a world that may be different than our own. Photography speaks to the heart before it speaks to the mind. There is always going to be a place for that.

I was flattered to see that some of the Reynolds Institute teachers wrote about me in their blog. You can see it here. Thanks Reynolds Institute.


Pat Shannahan
@pshannahan twitter
www.patshannahan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment